What would be the best way to express your love to your dear ones other than cooking their favourite dish for them? We all love food, especially when it is cooked by our most favourite person. The taste only gets better!
There are many delicious and most popular Indian dishes, which could be cooked with little to no effort, but its mouth watering taste will make your taste buds alive and would make them feel satisfied and happy.
Below we have mentioned a few easy to cook recipes that would make your loved ones happy!
Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable fried rice is one of the popular rice-based recipes. This dish could be cooked easily without much effort, using all the regular ingredients and vegetables available in your kitchen. Fried rice also could be cooked both as a breakfast or evening snack.
- 2 cups rice
- 1.5 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup French beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- salt to taste
- few finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup any other vegetables of your choice
- To prepare Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe, wash the rice well. Take the rice in a container and add water to boil. Add peas so that it gets cooked along with rice.
- Boil until the rice is soft but not mushy. Once the rice is cooked, drain all the water and keep aside the cooked rice and peas.
- Finely grate the ginger piece and keep aside.
- Now in a pan, add oil and heat it. Once the oil is hot, add onions and ginger, and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add carrots and beans, and continue to saute till they are almost cooked.
- Add tomatoes and saute for some more time till all the vegetables are well cooked.
- Add garam masala and black pepper powder to the cooked vegetables. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Now add the cooked rice and peas to the vegetables. Wait for it to cool down, as mixing when hot can make the rice mushy.
- Once cooled, gently mix the rice and the vegetables together. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Rajma is an all-time favourite dish, loved by almost everyone! This easy-to-cook delicious food dish is everything you would need to surprise your loved ones with, without putting in much effort.
- 1 cup rajma (kidney beans)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp roughly chopped garlic
- 1 tsp roughly chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- To make rajma, soak the rajma in enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Combine the rajma, a little salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not drain the water. Keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger and garlic in a mortar pestle and pound to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilli-garlic-ginger coarse paste and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma along with the water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while mashing it lightly with a potato masher, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
Serve the rajma hot!
Day fry is the most commonly cooked and one of the popular daily dish recipes cooked in Indian households. If you want to keep the dish you cook simple yet delicious, Dal Fry is the right dish for you. This can be cooked quickly with easy steps.
- ¾ cup toor dal
- 3½ cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tsp mustard / rai
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin
- 1 dried red chilli (broken)
- few curry leaves
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilli (slit)
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker ¾ cup toor dal and 3 cups of water for 5 whistles.
- Now in another kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and splutter 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp jeera, 1 dried red chilli, few curry leaves and pinch of hing.
- Add in 1 onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 green chilli. saute well.
- Further add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp coriander powder. saute on low flame.
- Additionally add 1 tomato and saute till it turns soft and mushy.
- Add the cooked dal along with 1 tsp salt. mix well.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or till dal turns smooth and absorbs flavour.
- Now add ¼ tsp garam masala, 1 tbsp coriander and 1 tsp crushed kasuri methi.
Finally, serve dal fry with hot jeera rice or ghee rice.
Tofu Biryani could be your go to vegetarian recipe. This dish is both healthy and delicious, which you can cook for your loved ones, using the regular ingredients and spices available in your kitchen.
- Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 Pack Tofu block, drained
- 4 tsp garam masala (bought or homemade)
- 4 heaped tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 4 medium diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Large pinch salt
- Other Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 350g long grain basmati
- Fresh coriander for topping (optional)
- Drain and press your tofu block for 10 minutes meanwhile in a large mixing bowl add all the other marinade ingredients
- Once the tofu has drained add to the mixing bowl and mix until covered and allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Place the rice in a bowl of cold water to soak
- Now in a large pan add oil and red onion sliced to fry for 5 minutes until it softens
- Now add 2 tsp garam masala to the onions and fry off for a further 2-3 minutes
- To the pan add in the marinated tofu and fry off with the onions for 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of water, stir and reduce to simmer
- Drain the rice and add to a pot with boiling water for 8-10 minutes
- Thoroughly drain the rice (you don’t want any liquid) and gently layer on top of the tofu curry
- Finally place the lid on the pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and mint (optional)
- Fresh mint for topping (optional)
Achari Paneer Tikka
Paneer Tikka is an extremely popular dish. Anyone might love anything made up of paneer. Its soft texture and delicious taste is easily loved by everyone. Cherry on the top, this cooking dish is extremely easy to cook.
- 1 cup thick curd / yogurt (fresh)
- 1 tsp mustard powder / rai powder
- 1.5 tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp fennel powder / saunf powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ginger – garlic paste
- ¼ tsp methi powder / fenugreek powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- 2 tbsp mustard oil / any cooking oil
- ½ tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 capsicum (cubed)
- ½ medium sized onion (petals)
- 9 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
- 3 tsp oil (for roasting)
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take curd.
- Further add mustard powder, chili powder, turmeric, fennel powder, cumin powder, garam masala, methi powder, ajwain and kasuri methi leaves.
- Also add ginger garlic paste.
- Additionally add 2 tbsp mustard oil or any cooking oil.
- Now add lemon juice.
- furthermore add salt to taste.
- Whisk smooth making sure the spices are mixed well with the curd.
- Now add capsicum, onions and paneer / cottage cheese.
- Mix gently without breaking the paneer.
- Further, cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1 hour or more.
- Place the marinated paneer, capsicum and onions over tawa and pan fry.
- Roast the tikkas on medium flame on both sides with oil as required.
- Now insert the marinated paneer, capsicum and onions into wooden skewers.
- Also garnish with leftover tikka sauce.
Finally, serve achari paneer tikka with green chutney and a few salads.
The above mentioned dishes fulfill the needs of both Yummy and Healthy Recipes! Try them at your home and make your favourite people happy by treating them with these popular recipes.